Here’s a fellow Abrenian, SAMSON S. ALCANTARA a candidate for Senator. Alcantara is a Social Justice Advocate, lawyer, teacher and quite an impressive resume. Atty. Alcantara is from Bangued, Abra.
There should be NO reason at all for Atty Samson Alcantara not take the number one spot for Abra voters! After all he’s one of our own. Let’s make that happen this May! We’ve complained and rant about nothing has changed in Abra. We have NOT moved forward fast enough to compete with other provinces. We have said WE ARE TIRED OF THE SAME POLITICIANS lording it out in our Province. Abra has been branded as the killing fields of the north, the murder capital. We said WE WANT CHANGE! NOW HERE’S our chance for Change.
Show your support by going to his official FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SamsonAlcantara.OfficialPage
1) Engaged in active law practice since 1958; worked in the Law Firm of Paredes, Poblador, Nazareno and Azada.
2) Obtained LLB degree from MLQ School of Law in 1957; a native of Bangued, Abra; graduated from Abra High School in 1951 (Valedictorian); married to Evelyn Baula (deceased), from Dolores, Abra; they have four(4) children, all professionals. (one of them deceased)
3) Bar topnotcher, 3rd place, 1957 Bar Examinations.
4) Started teaching in 1967, handling Political Law and Labor Law subjects; presently a member of the faculty of the following: UST Faculty of Civil Law (since 1993); MLQ School of Law (since 1967); University of the East; PLM College of Law; New Era University College of Law; bar reviewer in several law schools; MCLE lecturer.
5) Author of the following lawbooks: Philippine Labor and Social Legislation Annotated (2 volumes); Reviewer in Labor and Social Legislation (`1 volume); Statutes (1 volume).
6) Editor and Publisher, The Philippines Labor Relations Journal (PLRJ) (1968-2000).
7) Participant, 1988 Program for Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., U. S. A.
8) Review Director, National Bar Review Center (NBRC), Manila (1988 to present); President, Lex Reviews & Seminars, Inc., (1994 to present) conducting bar reviews nationwide, and an MCLE (Mandatory Continuing Legal Education) provider accredited by the Supreme Court.
9) Proprietor, Philippine Labor Relations Journal (a printing and publishing establishment) (1967 to present).
10) Charter Member, Rotary Club of Tandang Sora.
11) Law Office: Suite 1402 14th Floor
Manila Astral Tower
Taft Avenue cor. Faura St.
Ermita, Manila (1977)
Tel Nos.: 521-6984; 498-0382
Fax No.: 521-6984
12) Sports: Golf
13) National President (2001), Social Justice Society (SJS), a political party duly registered with the COMELEC to pursue the ends of social justice.
14) Founding Chairman and President (2004), ABAKADA GURO PARTY-LIST (formerly Advocates and Adherents of Social Justice for School Teachers and Allied Workers (AASJS), a teachers’ party-list group.
15) Retained counsel of several teachers’ and allied workers unions.
16) Recipient, Outstanding Abrenian Award, 2005.
17) Recipient, Achiever’s Award 2007, Manuel L. Quezon University
18) Recipient, 2009 Outstanding Alumnus Award, MLQU School of
19) President (2010), Philippine Social Justice Foundation, Inc. (PHILJUST)
20) Has raised before the Supreme Court issues of national importance such as (a) the duty of Congress to pass a law defining and prohibiting political dynasties, (b) the removal of the Pandacan oil depot, (c) legality of increases in oil prices made simultaneously by gasoline companies, (d) separation of Church and State; (e) validity of the VAT Law; (f) constitutionality of random drug testing by schools and employers; (g) legality of the acts of local elective executives, such as governors and mayors, in pursuing their profession as movie stars while in office; and (h) most recently, the legality of infocommercials of senatorial candidates, who are still public officials, before the start of the 2013 campaign period.
Manila, Philippines, December 27, 2012.