Here’s a fellow Abrenian, SAMSON S. ALCANTARA a candidate for Senator. Alcantara is a Social Justice Advocate, lawyer, teacher and quite an impressive resume. Atty. Alcantara is from Bangued, Abra.
There should be NO reason at all for Atty Samson Alcantara not take the number one spot for Abra voters! After all he’s one of our own. Let’s make that happen this May! We’ve complained and rant about nothing has changed in Abra. We have NOT moved forward fast enough to compete with other provinces. We have said WE ARE TIRED OF THE SAME POLITICIANS lording it out in our Province. Abra has been branded as the killing fields of the north, the murder capital. We said WE WANT CHANGE! NOW HERE’S our chance for Change.
Show your support by going to his official FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/SamsonAlcantara.OfficialPage
1) Engaged in active law practice since 1958; worked in the Law Firm of Paredes, Poblador, Nazareno and Azada.
2) Obtained LLB degree from MLQ School of Law in 1957; a native of Bangued, Abra; graduated from Abra High School in 1951 (Valedictorian); married to Evelyn Baula (deceased), from Dolores, Abra; they have four(4) children, all professionals. (one of them deceased)
3) Bar topnotcher, 3rd place, 1957 Bar Examinations.
4) Started teaching in 1967, handling Political Law and Labor Law subjects; presently a member of the faculty of the following: UST Faculty of Civil Law (since 1993); MLQ School of Law (since 1967); University of the East; PLM College of Law; New Era University College of Law; bar reviewer in several law schools; MCLE lecturer.
5) Author of the following lawbooks: Philippine Labor and Social Legislation Annotated (2 volumes); Reviewer in Labor and Social Legislation (`1 volume); Statutes (1 volume).
6) Editor and Publisher, The Philippines Labor Relations Journal (PLRJ) (1968-2000).
7) Participant, 1988 Program for Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., U. S. A.
8) Review Director, National Bar Review Center (NBRC), Manila (1988 to present); President, Lex Reviews & Seminars, Inc., (1994 to present) conducting bar reviews nationwide, and an MCLE (Mandatory Continuing Legal Education) provider accredited by the Supreme Court.
9) Proprietor, Philippine Labor Relations Journal (a printing and publishing establishment) (1967 to present).
10) Charter Member, Rotary Club of Tandang Sora.
11) Law Office: Suite 1402 14th Floor
Manila Astral Tower
Taft Avenue cor. Faura St.
Ermita, Manila (1977)
Tel Nos.: 521-6984; 498-0382
Fax No.: 521-6984
12) Sports: Golf
13) National President (2001), Social Justice Society (SJS), a political party duly registered with the COMELEC to pursue the ends of social justice.
14) Founding Chairman and President (2004), ABAKADA GURO PARTY-LIST (formerly Advocates and Adherents of Social Justice for School Teachers and Allied Workers (AASJS), a teachers’ party-list group.
15) Retained counsel of several teachers’ and allied workers unions.
16) Recipient, Outstanding Abrenian Award, 2005.
17) Recipient, Achiever’s Award 2007, Manuel L. Quezon University
18) Recipient, 2009 Outstanding Alumnus Award, MLQU School of
19) President (2010), Philippine Social Justice Foundation, Inc. (PHILJUST)
20) Has raised before the Supreme Court issues of national importance such as (a) the duty of Congress to pass a law defining and prohibiting political dynasties, (b) the removal of the Pandacan oil depot, (c) legality of increases in oil prices made simultaneously by gasoline companies, (d) separation of Church and State; (e) validity of the VAT Law; (f) constitutionality of random drug testing by schools and employers; (g) legality of the acts of local elective executives, such as governors and mayors, in pursuing their profession as movie stars while in office; and (h) most recently, the legality of infocommercials of senatorial candidates, who are still public officials, before the start of the 2013 campaign period.
Manila, Philippines, December 27, 2012.
Impressive resume! I saw him at the forum at the La Consolacion College last week. I liked his answers to all questions asked of him.
What’s he done for Abra?
adu naaramid na saan laeng nga Abra no di ket intero nga pagilyan,..literally speaking…haan mo maibaga amin nga naaramid nan…umanayen nga agbalin nga Modelo isuna. Modelo iti amin nga politico…nadalus pay laeng nagan na…isu nga padasen tayo..tulungan tayo…haan ket nga dagita EPAL kada Family Dynasty and Sikat iti ikabil tayo dijay senado.
ke haan pay nga nangabak damagen mon no anya ti na-ubra na ti abra? pangpanga-ag!!!!!
il vote you regardless of your affiliation to our local leaders here in abra
Wen, natakneng a tao ni Prof Samsum, ibotos tayo, isuna agkaykaysa tayo nga Abrenio bareng isun tay ur-urayen tayo nga abrenio nga mangtilled t corruption t abra.
I will vote for Atty. Alcantara…his credentials speaks for itself abrenians need Alcantara
base iti credentials na mabalin unay…. mabalin to pay dagitay komedyante ken action star nga awan met naaramidan da jay senado!!!!
His chances . . . . ? NIL!
..kasla met laeng kanyam ah..awan chance mo nga sumayaat biag mon gayyem no kasta iti adda nga kapapanunut mo.
ay, celong . . . apay ammom kadi ti estado ti panagbiagko? I am just realistic. He got no chance at all. All he wants is to show that there is an atty. alcantara.
His chances will increase if we Abrenos are one in voting for him. There’s 12 seats available at the senate. Are you saying you can’t spare one for our kailian? Nya kan aya Onyong. He posted his qualifications and I think it is impressive. Dagitoy Politiko ditoy Abra…adda kad ipannakel da? Adda ah!, by driving around with their expensive cars, buying votes and intimidating our voters!
Voting for Alcantara is no rocket science mga kababayan.
Gayyem, ditoy pilipinas saan nga impressive credentials ti pagibasaran daguiti botantes ti botosanda. saan nga america ditoy. Ni Pacquiao ken daguiti movie celebrities . . adda kadi maypakitada nga outstanding qualificationsda nga kas ken apo alcantara? awan . . naid . . . nada . . . ngem suda ti kayat ti tao nga botosan. no adda turedna umay a ditoy abra ta mangrugi nga gobernador wenno congressman. Do some impressive things for the good of the province. No aramidenna ti kasta, dakkelton ti namnamana nga pumangatyo. The problem with you, people, is you are using your emotions not your brains! What is the use of running for senator just for the heck of running. Do you get my point?
kasla man nasilian ti ubet na ni boknoy, apay nga suruam aya ti diskarte na ta lakay. ipakitam man met credentials mo ta makita mi met no ususarem talaga ta brain mo nga kunkunam. tapno mamati kam metla ta diskartem.
. . and we do not need to be rocket scientists to figure out his chances . . .
hehehe, saanak nga nasilian,cbp . . . . ususarek la ti nonotko saan nga kas kenka nga puro ngakngak wammet substance ta bagbagam. no nasilyanak saanen nga kasta ti innak insurat no di ket kas ti isursuratmo nga kas karabaw ti saryap. hehehe.
Ti la maysaritak nga atiddog bassit ket, adda kadi namnamana ni apo alcantara nga mangabak? Ammoyo, no ammo ti mesa nga candidato nga awan namnamana nga mangabak (ammok nga ammona ni apo alcantara nga awan), ti pagawatak ket kayatna laeng nga padasen ti agkandidato tapno maamammo ti tao. Apay nga saan nga agsublio ditoy Abra ta lumaban nga para kongresista?
Ibotos mo ta adda namnama na, wen?
I agree with your opinion Onyong, but I think it is wise to support him. Saan la nga ammo ta adu metten ti nasisireb nga botantes. No awan gasatna, agsubli koma ditoy abra, ta agsagana para 2016. Maysa nga best potential para governador wenno congressman nga mabalin nga namnama ti pagsayaatan ken maipannakel nga leader.
Uray no awan namnama na nga mangabak Onyong maipakita tayo la ketdi nga adda met concern or care tayo nga ka-province niya tapno saan nga makulelat isuna. No mapasamak daytoy, ad-adda la unayen ti buyok nga pakasaritaan tayo nga taga Abra agsipud ta nakadkadlaw la unayen ti KINA-IMOT tayo nga mangsuporta ti kandidato nga napintas ti qualifications na.
I will vote for you, Atty. Alcantara!
Would be nice to see him get up there. But he’s ‘dehado’ against the other no-brainer ‘butangeros’ who have nothing under their belts but stupid media-spun and scandal-spawned ‘celebrity’. Nonetheless, we hope miracles happen and he gets there!
I doubt whether trapos in abra know this person.Abrenian votes may not enough to bring him to senate, but enough for him to think campaigning in his province next election.
Good to know there is an Abrenian senatorial candidate. i’ll include him in my list. 2 boto na sya sa amin.
I think this well accomplished candidate has no balls at all to bite the bullet of change in our province. If he does, he should have just ran for any of the top provincial posts considering his remaining years left in life of making a difference. the very last dream of any God’s people on earth before taking their last breath. At any rate, he deserves the solid north vote for the sake of Regionalism and his impressive qualifications, win or lose.
GO GO Abra politicians particularly to our honorable Mayors, show to the whole country that you still have shame left by supporting our “kailian”, regardless.
River cross, Mr. Alcantara knows that he has no chance at all to win. I am sure his aim in running for a senatorail seat is just to let the people know about him. He will never run for any provincial seat (congressman and governor) because as you said he got no balls to go against these crazy-for-money politicians of our province. Ammona nga pagtangadenda ti barsanga no mapan tumapog ti nabangsit nga politica ditoy Abra. All these current politicians in Abra do stupid and crazy things just to win because of MONEY!
Prof.Samson Alcantara ket adda balay na dita abay ti Mormon Temple dita linasin, ngem no apay a dina pinadas ti timmapog a kas congresista ti Abra, isu la ti makaammo ti rason na. Prof. Sungbatam man daguitoy nga saludsud kas tay pamay-am kanyami nga estudyantem ti Law, tapno adda met a bassit gasang na a kas sili. Ngem namnamaem ti botos mo ti angkan mi.
Saan nga masapul nga sungbatanna no apay nga saan nga umay agkandidato ditoy Abra. Tengbu kas kuna ni river coross . . . .
no agpanggep agkandidato ni atty Samson ti abra, ammo yon no ania ti mapasamak na.
umay na ngarud ibareng-bareng ti biag na ditoy abra…
Nasayaat met no ag-gugubat dagita kakandidato ti Abra ita nga eleksiyon aglalo no maungkaw da amin ta adda pagpampanunotan ni Mr. Alcantara ta umay agkandidato no 2016 iti kina-Barangay Tanod. Barangay Tanod kunak ta no maungkaw amin nga kakandidato ita nga eleksiyon, inton 2016 ket dagitay alipores da (surot nga surot kaniada) ti mangsullat ti abutda ket awan manen ti mabagi ni Mr. Alcantara nga puwesto.
Anyway, lakayen ni apo alcantara. Naladawen nga umay makisawsaw ti narugit nga politikatayo ditoy abra, gagayyem. No nagreduar ti high school idi 1951 , ,dandaninan 80 years old. naladawen.
To all abrenians lets give him a chance, let’s. vote him. he’s the only person in abra who has the courage to go to the senate position which he has the qualifications.and we’re proud that he is from ABRA. GO ON ATTY. SAMSON ALCANTARA. We proud of you.
O well, I will vote you, mister alcantara. We want you to go to the senate position. Yeah, we proud of you as lhex said.
I am very heartbroken to hear of his passing yesterday. I was supposed to meet with him next month tolwarn more of the Social Justice Society. I admire his accomplishments.
CONDOLENCE! to his family.