Today, February 12, 2013:
- Is the start of the campaign period for candidates for senator and for party-list groups. Campaing Period ends on May 11, 2013.
- Giving donations or gift in cash or in kind is prohibited
- Appointment or use of special policemen, confidential agents or the like is prohibited
Also already in effect since January 13, 2013
• Bearing, carrying or transporting firearms or other deadly weapons
• Use of security personnel or bodyguards by candidates
• Suspension of elective local officials
Let’s hope the candidates and their supporters obey this law. If you are a witness of any violation of the above, please let us know.
Here’s to a peaceful and fair Elections…for the sake of our country and our children’s future!