Latest news: Chairman of the Board of Directors of ABRECO, Mr. David Guzman, today shared to Abra Convenor’s group Carmelita Bersalona the following information (via ABRENIAN FaceBook Group):
- P4.9 Million was paid to APRI on Dec. 10, 2012 – represents the balance for November.
ABRECO has a monthy gross revenue of P25 Million to P26 Million, of which the following expenses:
- P15.3 Million – ABRECO to promise to pay APRI on December Dec. 24, 2012
- P5-6 Million is paid to the National Grid Corp. of the Phils. (depending on the usage and rate of transmission).
- P5 Million – Salaries & Wages
The billing period of ABRECO is from Nov. 11-Dec. 11, 2012. ABRECO is asking consumers to pay on or before Dec. 20, 2012. For those unable to pay, they start disconnecting service on Dec. 22 if unable to pay
Some proposed actions:
1. Downgrade salaries of Abreco employees
2. Retrenchment Program because there is over manpower based on consumer to employer ratio
As for the request for a Special General Assembly on December 16, 2012, ABRECO Board of Directors has rejected the request since petitioners failed to come up with 10% of the total members signatures.
The petition letters has been inititated by two groups, CCAGG led by Pura Sumangil and Abra Peace Conveners Group led by Carmelita Bersalona